Friday, November 2, 2007

Pillow talk and grape juice obsessions

One of our favorite pasttimes is lying in bed and talking. Yesterday Bodhi woke up and told me about his dream. "I had a dream that Mama and Papa and Porter and Bodhi... we all went to the glacier and saw salmon and sea otters and whales... it was sooooo pretty!"
We also had some unwelcome pillow talk in the middle of the night after a long Halloween night. We went to a storytelling at the museum that was very un-kid friendly. Her story was boring even to the adults and the story-teller was totally un animated. They had a big table full of cookies and brownies which Porter and Bodhi kept sneaking off too. I caught them trying to pull all the M&M's out of the cookies. Then we went to the mall which was a ZOO! It was pouring raining outside so it seemed everyone was there. We had a hard time keeping track of the kids so it was a little stressful. Then we went to dinner with our neighbors and friends Becky and Kim to Mi Casa mexican restaurant. The entire cast of Wizard of OZ sat at the table next to us with the cutest baby lion. Then we went home to trick or treat in the neighborhood as the rain subsided slightly. After a particularly scary house with a pirate and a coffin prop with a skeleton and scary music they wanted to go home. I begged them to go on (I wanted to meet some of my neighbors) so I enticed them with more candy. Porter said, "mom, I have tons of candy already" (he apparantly doesn't know what tons of candy is because his bag had a measly 20 pieces in it.) I dragged them to one more house, then we went home. In the middle of the night, Porter woke up screaming for grape juice. He repeated it over and over again and I kept saying no. (grape juice at 2 a.m.? no way Jose.) It was a nightmare and it seemed like he was possessed. I guess that's what you get when you eat tortilla chips and candy for dinner!
Today we had our first parent teacher conference. They had nothing but rave reviews for Porter. He is brilliant, end of story.

No comments: