Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The incredibly sane mad eagle man

I walked past the little gnome hunched over, carrying a cane and mumbling like a mad man until he looked right at me and the most sane words I'd ever heard began pouring out of him, "you're hair is so beautiful, long and blonde like that, and your purple vest, so perfect for the royalty that you are, a queen in purple, yes, when God was done with you he just kissed his fingers and said voila, my work is done here (here he demonstrated this dramatically) God bless you and thank you."
I was standing in an empty playground getting footage of a wet, soggy public play area for a short political satire I was working on for a class. I turned the camera on the little man half way through his speech so I could replay it over and over again later if I wanted. I was wearing a cute purple down vest, and he appreciated it. He was my new best friend. He helped me with my filming and I made him the star of my movie. He impersonated an eagle so well, he said that eagles answer him.
Please see my work in progress to the right.... I will be doing a voice over that says(read like a dramatic movie trailer ad...
Juneau Alaska
A rainforest
with empty playrounds
children have no shelter
Cause CBJ (City and Bureau of Juneau) won't pay
Where are the children?
CBJ, won't let them play

No comments: