Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The watsu massage

We have a new family ritual. We go to the pool every Sunday night then go out to dinner as a family. There is something so wonderful and cleansing about going to the pool together and then eating together when we are all in a good mood and super clean.
The boys are so happy at the pool. Gene floats around the shallow end with the boys, relieving stress and getting ready for his busy week ahead. I practice my diving board dives. Every night I add a dive or element that I've lost since my college diving days. I got my back layout rotation back this week and last week I got my inward dive back. My goal is 16 dives including the dreaded half and full twists. I also dread the reverse somersault I will eventually attempt again.
This week, I supported Gene while he floated on his back and tried to recreate a watsu massage I had while 8 months pregnant on the cliffs at the Hana Maui. He really got into it. Then he shocked me by returning the favor. A watsu massage in the kiddie pool in Juneau. I felt like we were at a Ritz Carlton when he was done. Wonderful.

No comments: